21 April 2012

Two-toned cupcakes

My cousin Di and I were talking about two-toned cupcakes and we came across this product called Batter Babies. If you click the link you'll see that essentially it's a piece of plastic used to divide the two colours / flavours of cupcake batter.

I decided to make my own out of plastic from empty milk bottles.

Photobucket

I simply held one in an empty cupcake case ...

Photobucket

... and filled one side with chocolate batter and the other with vanilla:

Photobucket

Once I'd pulled the plastic out I realised that it probably wouldn't bake with a neat dividing line due to the different consistencies of the batters:

Photobucket

I went ahead and baked two as a test:

Photobucket

So, no perfect division of flavours but a fun twist on a cupcake anyway.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll try it in future with similar batters for a better result. In the meantime, these cupcakes got a "thumbs up" from Noah!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...