4 April 2011

My shoe collection (a.k.a. My Preciouses)

So, here's the shoe collection post, as requested. I'm a little embarrassed to be showing my shoes, since I have so many. But I will include prices (if I remember them) and sources, so you can see that I really don't spend a lot on shoes. Spread the cost over years, and take into account the shoes I sell to fund my habit and you'll see it's quite affordable. For instance, this last month I have been so stressed and depressed that I bought nine (9) pairs of brand-new shoes ... but the total cost was only £59. You can't beat that!

I should mention that although my feet are wide at the front my heels are very narrow and so I can't wear regular court shoes (pumps) or ballet flats or anything that doesn't have a strap across the front of the foot or I just walk out of them.

I also want to mention that when I buy shoes on eBay I buy new, unworn shoes, not used.

Okay, so here is what 40 pairs of shoes looks like - I left some out for this photo, and didn't include my boots, Crocs or flip-flops:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let's start with the boots, of which I have 10 pairs.

#1
Photobucket

Brand: Clarks
From: Clarks outlet store
Price: £65
Notes: I never usually spend this much on shoes / boots but I really wanted a classic pair of leather boots to last forever. I had a cheap pair last winter that I wore to death. They only cost £18 but only lasted one season. These were at the outlet store so they weren't full price, so even though they were relatively expensive they were still a bargain. I love that the calves of these boots are adjustable to allow for wearing over leggings / jeggings (or, let's be honest, weight gain).

#2
Photobucket

Brand: Clarks
From: Boundary Mill outlet store
Price: £70 I think
Notes: I adore these boots - they are casual enough to be worn with leggings and dressy enough to wear with a skirt to church. So comfortable. Again, relatively expensive but still a bargain as I didn't pay full price.

#3
Photobucket

From: Shoemarket
Price: £2.99!
Notes: Total cheap bargain and they are crap quality but I like the cutout detail and heel height and shape. The pleather is peeling already so they won't last long but hey - bargain!

#4
Photobucket

From: Shoemarket
Price: £2.99!
Notes: They were so cheap I had to get them in black too!

#5
Photobucket

From: TJ Hughes
Price: £11 I think
Notes: Inexpensive, plain ankle boots to wear with jeans and trousers.

#6
Photobucket

From: TJ Hughes
Price: £11 I think
Notes: Again, bought the black version too. I like the crossover strap at the ankle.

#7
Photobucket

From: TJ Hughes
Price: about £12 I think
Notes: Very comfortable.

#8
Photobucket

From: TJ Hughes
Price: about £18 I think
Notes: This fake leather is so good that it took me ages to figure out if it was fake or not. I like the faux suede detail at the top.

#9
Photobucket

From: Topshop
Price: about £20 I think
Notes: I can only zip these up when I'm at my thinnest. Which I'm SO not right now. Hence invisible model.

#10
Photobucket

From: Asda, in the boys' department
Price: £4.50 in the sale
Notes: Bargain wellies. I like to check out the kids' departments as I'm a size 5 (European 38, I think that's a US size 7½) and I sometimes find cute things. These boots are great because they can pass for regular boots, they don't scream rain boot. You've seen me wear green wellies before but they were a size too big and I no longer have them.

Okay, moving onto heels of which I have plenty (14 pairs). I'm really into colourful shoes - if I have a black skirt with pink, red and green flowers on, I'll look at my pink, red or green shoes before I even think of wearing black. But I have plenty of black and brown shoes too.

#11
Photobucket

From: Tesco
Price: £4.50 in the sale
Notes: So cute and trendy, these are genuine suede and lined with sheepskin.

#12
Photobucket

From: Tesco
Price: £4.50 in the sale
Notes: Duh, at that price I had to get brown too! These are leather, not suede.

#13
Photobucket

Brand: Lime
From: Next outlet store
Price: £18
Notes: I like the little cutout details and the way the heel is completely round where it touches the ground. They are purple but are dark enough that they don't scream PURPLE and they actually go with a surprisingly lot of my clothes.

#14
Photobucket

Brand: Topshop or New Look, can't remember
From: eBay
Price: I can't remember but it was probably less than £7 including shipping as that's usually my limit
Notes: Love the white piping and button detail. The strap is very low but surprisingly I don't walk out of them.

#15
Photobucket

From: Shoemarket
Price: £5.99
Notes: Love the little cutout details, the scallops around the top and the quirky shape of the heel. These are very comfy.

#16
Photobucket

From: Asda
Price: £18 I think
Notes: If you gotta go with straps, why not big it up with three of them! Love the shiny patent.

#17
Photobucket

From: Tesco
Price: £15
Notes: Love the super shiny patent and the straps which look like two together. I'm kind of obsessed with red shoes.

#18
Photobucket

From: Tesco
Price: £18
Notes: I adore these shoes. The buckle in the middle of the front, cutout detail, stack heel - love them.

#19
Photobucket

Brand: Marks & Spencer
From: charity shop (thrift store)
Price: £3.99 I think
Notes: Okay, these weren't new but looked like they'd only been worn once or twice. Love the cutout, embroidery and stud details.

#20
Photobucket

Brand: Tesco
From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £5.99 including shipping
Notes: I adore my turquoise peeptoes and wanted something similar for winter when I don't want an open toe. I like the black elastic front, it's different, and love that they are patent.

#21
Photobucket

Brand: River Island
From: charity shop (thrift store)
Price: £8 I think
Notes: Love these, they make me feel all rock-chick when I wear them. They have a hidden platform in the front so they aren't difficult to walk in.

#22
Photobucket

From: Shoemarket
Price: Can't remember, less than £10 though
Notes: I like that they have a strap and a T-strap for interest. I can really enjoy them now that the reek of petrochemicals has worn off (ha ha! Gotta love cheap shoes!)

#23
Photobucket

From: eBay
Price: I can't remember but it was probably less than £7 including shipping as that's usually my limit
Notes: Bright silver? Why the heck not! I love the eyelets on the holes.

#24
Photobucket

From: eBay
Price: I can't remember but it was probably less than £7 including shipping as that's usually my limit
Notes: These are brand new and unworn, but as you can see the straps have been scuffed so I can't wear them with anything except jeans which cover the straps. Grr.

Okay, let's go completely opposite and move onto casual shoes, of which I have 10 pairs.

#25
Photobucket

From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £4.99 including shipping
Notes: Like I said, I'm kind of obsessed with red shoes. I like that these are kind of a cross between shoes and sandals and are super comfy.

#26
Photobucket

From: eBay
Price: I can't remember but it was probably less than £7 including shipping as that's usually my limit
Notes: See? Red shoes are just sassy and cute. I like the cutouts and the comfort.

#27
Photobucket

Brand: Clarks
From: Clarks outlet store
Price: I can't remember - I want to say £18?
Notes: I like the zig-zag strap which is a little different.

#28
Photobucket

From: Asda
Price: £12 I think
Notes: I've worn these to death and they have a hole in the heel that little stones get caught in and rattle around but they are SO comfy that I can't stop wearing them. I wear them with and without socks.

#29
Photobucket

Brand: Caravelle
From: Brantano
Price: £30
Notes: You'll notice I only spend more on shoes that are a good brand, classics, leather and I'll wear loads. (Except for one pair, which you'll see soon.) I like the zig-zag strap and the slight wedge.

#30
Photobucket

Brand: Padders
From: TJ Hughes
Price: £18
Notes: Classic leather Mary Jane style shoes. Can't have too many! These look a little frumpy so I wear them with bootleg jeans that kind of cover them.

#31
Photobucket

Brand: Coolers
From: A whole stall of them at a car boot sale (new)
Price: £15
Notes: SO SO comfortable. I like the details, velcro strap and mix of leather and suede.

#32
Photobucket

From: Asda
Price: £12
Notes: I bought these to replace the ones a bit further up, the ones I wear to death. But I still prefer the other ones. I need to wear these in and comfy them up. I wore them once without socks and they ripped a hole in the back of my heel and I had to take them off and walk the rest of the way home from school barefoot with blood pouring off my heel. True story.

#33
Photobucket

From: Tesco
Price: £12
Notes: Okay, they're looking a little rough right now but I wear these all the time (with bootleg jeans). I love that they are metallic, have velcro straps and are so comfy.

#34
Photobucket

Brand: Asics
From: Local sports shop
Price: £80 - most expensive shoe I own!
Notes: I really want to get into exercise and got properly fitted for these and everything but ... I just don't know what to say. Ironic that my most expensive shoes are the least worn. I'm determined to change that in New Zealand and I'm sure my friend Nic will pressure encourage me.

Ooh, let's go back to heels again and look at some peeptoes. I don't have many (only 4 pairs) but the ones I have are adorable.

#35
Photobucket

Brand: Matalan
From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £5.95 including shipping
Notes: HOW CUTE?! Because the strap is so low I have to wear silicone heel grips with these but then I can walk in them okay without them flopping off. I adore the satin, the polka dots, the heel and the little strap. Cuteness!

#36
Photobucket

From: eBay
Price: I can't remember but it was probably less than £7 including shipping as that's usually my limit
Notes: My friend Rachel said these look like Vivienne Westwood shoes. Okay then! I like the T-bar, the heel height and shape and how comfy they are, and of course the pinkness. So girlie.

#37
Photobucket

From: Asda
Price: £12
Notes: I think these kicked off my colourful shoes obsession and I ADORE them. Definite favourites. I love the satin, the patent heel, and how foxy I feel when I wear them. I always get compliments when I wear them.

#38
Photobucket

From: TK Maxx
Price: £18
Notes: I love the vintage feel and the cutout and wrapover detail.

Let's talk about wedges. It took me a long time to like wedges and even longer to like them on me ... but now I'm nothing short of obsessed. I have 9 pairs, most of them recent purchases. I'm still not keen on wedge shoes, but wedge sandals are great - casual, but still heels. Although in super-casual New Zealand I'll probably be horribly overdressed turning up at a BBQ in wedges when everyone else is in jandals (flip-flops).

#39
Photobucket

From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £7.74 including shipping
Notes: I've been after a nice pair of white wedges since last summer and I love these.

#40
Photobucket

Brand: Clarks
From: Clarks outlet store, and on sale
Price: £7
Notes: I adore these and am cursing myself for not buying the white ones which were only £5. I bought these black ones, loved them, went back a couple of days later for the white but I didn't have cash and they were having trouble with their card machine. Grr, I should have drawn £5 from the Tesco cash point next door but I was feeling rushed as G and the kids were with me so I just left. The worst part is Grant told me to draw money and go and get them, he told me I would regret it and he was right. Anyway, I love these wedges as they are so comfortable. I like the casual canvas fabric and the sisal on the wedge. These were my first pair of wedges.

#41
Photobucket

From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £6.25 including shipping
Notes: I couldn't resist them, even though I already have a pair of black wedges. Very comfy.

#42
Photobucket

From: Asos, in the sale
Price: £10, no shipping
Notes: I love, love, love these. Love the design, love how comfortable they are, and hello - they're red!

#43
Photobucket

From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £6.50 including shipping
Notes: I love me some green! These are dressy wedges rather than casual wedges.

#44
Photobucket

From: eBay
Price: I can't remember but it was probably less than £7 including shipping as that's usually my limit
Notes: Sunshine on my feet! How cute?!

#45
Photobucket

Brand: Next
From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £7.77
Notes: I adore these - so cute, casual and feminine. I love that they are leather and I like the little studded flower detail.

#46
Photobucket

From: eBay (recent purchase)
Price: £8.49 (I got a little carried away)
Notes: I like these, but I don't love them. Don't get me wrong, I like these wedges, but I'm not keen on the way the heel bows out at the back - I didn't see that when I bought them. I think it's weird. I might sell them on eBay - I won't wear them until I decide as they'll obviously sell better new (they're unworn). Easy come, easy go! I've actually turned a profit doing this before. There are shoes you've seen in my what I wore posts that don't appear in my collection here, and it's because I've sold them.

#47
Photobucket

Brand: New Look
From: eBay
Price: £5.70 including shipping
Notes: These look pretty high but they are so comfortable and easy to walk in. I love all the strap detail and the fact that the straps are kind of padded so they are very comfy. I love metallics.

Okay, lastly we have sandals, 6 pairs of them. Two pairs are packed somewhere and I can't find them, so excuse the old pictures. So glad we're moving to a warmer country where I'll actually get more wear out of my wedges and sandals!

#48
Photobucket

From: New Look
Price: £15
Notes: I adore these, I feel so foxy and feminine when I wear them. Love the bronze colour and the sexy heel.

#49
Photobucket

From: New Look
Price: £3 in the sale!
Notes: Fluorescent pink? Yes please! I think these are so cute and will be hot with a black dress or a black and white patterned dress. I bought them at the end of summer so I haven't worn them yet.

#50
Photobucket

Brand: Hush Puppies
From: Stead & Simpson
Price: £40
Notes: Remember how I said I'd spend out on classic, well made and branded shoes that I'd wear forever? This is one of those pairs. Exceedingly comfortable.

#51
Photobucket

Brand: Pierre Cardin
From: Pavers outlet store, Freeport
Price: £30
Notes: Super comfy, goes with everything, wear-forever sandals. Worth every penny. I wore these one day when out shopping on a girlie weekend with my friends Rachel and Rebecca. When I took them off they both oohed and aahed when they saw "Pierre Cardin" written on the insole. I was like, I've been wearing them all day, do you feel differently about them now that you know they're Pierre Cardin? LOL

#52
Photobucket

From: New Look
Price: £15
Notes: Super comfy, cute and red! Love these. They seem to go with everything.

#53
Photobucket

Brand: New Look
From: eBay
Price: I can't remember but it was probably less than £7 including shipping as that's usually my limit
Notes: I love my red ones so much that when I saw these new on eBay I had to snatch them up!

And that's my entire shoe and boot collection. I also have a ratty pair of pink slippers, a weird pair of black "Crocs" from Ikea, hot pink "Crocs" that have paint on, a pair of black flip-flops that are too big and a pair of pink flip-flops ... but I didn't think you wanted to see those!

So, which of my shoes are your favourites?
Do you own any that are similar?
Are you surprised at how little shoes can cost?
I'd love to hear from you!

I'm thinking of doing a separate post on buying shoes on eBay, so if you have any questions about that, now is the time and place to ask them.



Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...