14 June 2009

Organising tool

An organising tool that is free, almost always available, highly versatile and green.

Does that sound too good to be true? I'm betting you have some in your home right now without even knowing it.

Okay, I might be setting you up for disappointment if you live outside of the UK. I'm not sure how your fruit and vegetables are packaged abroad. But over here, this is how we buy our pre-packaged produce:

Photobucket

"Er ... very nice, Jen, but what does fresh produce have to do with organising?"

Well, you see those plastic punnets? Here they are, empty:

Photobucket

They are ideal for organising drawers and shallow cabinets. Here's how I've used them in my kitchen drawers, studio cupboard and bathroom cabinet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Remember my plastic tub which contains my ... er ... plastic tubs? And the nested yellow basket which contains the lids?

Photobucket

Well, if you look inside the yellow basket you'll find a little punnet for all of the small lids and bottle tops:

Photobucket

Now tell me, do you get your goodies in plastic punnets? Could you actually use this idea? If so ... go forth, eat well and organise! And don't forget to send me pictures of your efforts.


Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...