24 October 2008

Muddling along

Thanks for the birthday wishes, you guys are too sweet. I'm sorry I haven't been posting much but SAD has kicked my butt (and it's only October). I'm really struggling and can't even begin to think of the whole winter stretching ahead or I'll lose my mind.

It's more than just, "Oh, it would be nice if it were sunny." Having lived in South Africa for the first 24 years of my life, my body has been used to super bright sunlight for at least 9 months of the year, and winter sunlight that wasn't that much less bright. The winter sunlight in South Africa is probably stronger than the summer sunlight (what summer sunlight?) in England. So a winter here is like being in a cave and my body just doesn't cope. Light therapy hasn't been making a huge difference this year either and it's not like I have the luxury of relaxing in front of a lamp all day.

Sorry, this has turned into a whinge-fest ... which is kind of why I haven't been posting. I think I'll stick to pictures for the next while.


Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...